My Little World

and all my favorite people, start to finish!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Elder Brazeau Returns With Honor!


The count down has finally ended, Elder Brazeau is home!
It was fun to have an open house for Derek!
It was good to get together with friends and family and visit! Little Paxton, my grandson is at the bar, my brother Steve, Bonnie and Randy Stowe, two of my dearest friends and.... Jeanne....turn around. That's my sister in law facing the other way:) Love you sista!
It was good to see Derek reunited with his old friend....the piano;) I have truly enjoyed hearing the sound of music in our home again.
He was so happy to see some of his wonderful friend, all of which were such good examples to him. Jason and Tricia posed for a quick shot! They were the food models!
My sister Debra was here for the big day! It was so fun to get to share that with her! I want her to know how much I love her and appreciate her help! She helped keep me calm that day and shared stories of her own experience with her return missionary, Brad!
LaDawn (the mother of Teren and Tyson, below) has been such a sweetheart to us. Working for Sky West Air Line, she kept us informed how Derek's flight home was progressing. She had to inform us though that he missed his last leg to St. George which was hard for her to do but she let us know we only had to wait a couple hours for the next flight!
Tyson, Derek and Teren all served within a couple of months of each other and it was interesting that even though they didn't see each other they all served within 1000 miles of each other. They have had a lot of fun reuniting!
We gathered around the piano and sang a few hymns which I was pretty impressed with this group of people and their ability to sing:) We've got Talent!!!

LaDawn Tasia and Evie found a spot to sit and partake in some nourishment. It's so wonderful to see the love these ladies have for my son! Evie and Derek claim each other as cousins even though it is only in spirit;)
All I can say is by the end of that day, I was just plum tuckered out, emotionally and physically! I still have moments where I can't believe he is really home!!!
Mandy and her brother were always so fun to watch growing up. Like a couple of silly puppies teasing each other! It's so fun to see them together again!
You can tell we were so excited to have our Deek back!!! I'm not sure if he was feeling the same excitement as I was LOL.
Grandpa Thurston is so proud of Derek and the man he has become.
I think the thing that has given me the most joy is seeing my kids reunited as brother and sisters! I am so proud of them all and want them to know that they are the best kids a mom could ever have! I love you, Tara, Derek, Kiva and Mandy!
Love,
MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment